Amazon India providing phone set up service for Rs. 349

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 1,065
Full service details:

VsYwWHx.png

Why everyone is laughing at this? IMO, this service is very nice. I'm not talking about the price of the service. This initiative is very good for elderly people who live alone which is very common these days.
It's good service but they are overcharging, in local shops they set up phone without any charge.

Why everyone is laughing at this? IMO, this service is very nice. I'm not talking about the price of the service. This initiative is very good for elderly people who live alone which is very common these days.
₹350 for something a kid nowadays can do is a rip off. Even quick commerce which is the expensive mode of ordering things doesn't charge such high amount.

In a few minutes of their setup and app installation they will be able to teach how to use the phone to elderly people?

The issue exists but their price and service does next to nothing to deal with that. Elderly would get better understanding from someone they know, if not in family then neighbors maybe. This will cost nothing and the said person could also be approached for future issues too unlike the authorized paid technician

Actually its a good kind of business model . Yes for elderly people the SIM and memory card setup is difficult along with transfer of contacts, texts along with demo of features and installation of screen protector on their scheduled date and time. At the shop too the basic things can be done and nobody does the complete setup of phone. It cannot be a recurring model and price of 349 /- is more and for a start they would have priced it at Rs 125-150 .

What about Cyber-Security and Data privacy? Some people may end up giving their Wi-Fi passwords and email account credentials to them. What is the guarantee if the service personal would not misuse these in future

What about Cyber-Security and Data privacy? Some people may end up giving their Wi-Fi passwords and email account credentials to them. What is the guarantee if the service personal would not misuse these in future
The risk is real but when you already gave your name, address and mobile number to ecommerce companies this is the extended part of the same to avail the service. In name of data privacy how your data is being used is already questionable with some of the big name companies. Yes there is always a risk but to avail a service you need to compromise.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock